Sunday

Howdy! I know I haven't posted in a while, but I really don't have much to say. It seems that I have plenty of thoughts in my head, but I never know how to write them down! I wish someone was able to make some sort of machine that reads thoughts and writes them down of draws them. I tend to daydream A LOT and I have so many great "adventures" but whenever I try to write them down, I just draw up a blank. Apparently, I can't describe things very well, and we already know that I can't draw to save my life, so that is out of the question. (I'm not kidding. You should see the self portrait I made last year. YUCK.) AAAAAGH. I recently saw Sleeping Beauty, and I have some thoughts. First of all, why would you have a main character who is only on screen for 18 MINUTES? They should at least change the name a bit if the protagonist is on! But anyway...Adios, I don't have anything else to say.

Comments

  1. Wait!
    What did you just write?
    You don't now what to write?

    Answer your question of why a main character would only have 18 minutes of screen time
    by examining the movie, other characters' actions and reactions to what happens to and by SB.
    Write that examination and your results.

    I really don't have much to say. It seems that I have plenty of thoughts in my head, but I never know how to write them down! I wish someone was able to make some sort of machine that reads thoughts and writes them down of draws them. I tend to daydream A LOT and I have so many great "adventures" but whenever I try to write them down, I just draw up a blank. Apparently, I can't describe things very well, and we already know that I can't draw to save my life, so that is out of the question. (I'm not kidding. You should see the self portrait I made last year. YUCK.) AAAAAGH.

    Examine what you just posted.
    What power words did you write? Power clauses?
    Is there a plot problem there?
    Can you target this plot problem toward a specific event? Deadlines are great motivators.
    Is there a built-in solution or is that seemingly built in solution the bridge to a greater complication?
    Is there a built-in avoidance situation that can help to direct the plot?
    Why is there a problem?
    What if you changed the subjects, words and art, to something else? Sport? Theater? Driving a car? Skateboarding? Gardening? Specific subjects in school? Kite flying? Piloting? Swimming? Building something? Designing amusement park rides? Riding an amusement park ride? Allergies? Cleaning your room?

    May I share this as a writing prompt with some of my groups?





    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Sorry -- the clock on my reply is set to a different time zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you can share it! However, I don't really understand what you mean...
    The way the comment was worded kind of made no sense to me. But if you get it, knock yourself out,.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

June 13th, 2020

Friday