Tuesday

Good morning! I'm sure the amount of times I have changed the title is not as annoying to you all as it's annoying me, but I like things to be orderly and uniform, so from now on unless I have something SUPER important to say (which I highly doubt will happen, my life is not that interesting) the title of my posts will be the day of the week. (Sorry for the super long sentence, I don't even know if it's grammatically correct. Please let me know.)

Anyway, not much has happened since I last posted. I wasn't able to post anything yesterday or the day before because I was grounded from electronics after I dropped the phone Glory and I share in a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Oops.😬 However I am hoping I can use the phone again today since we have a little bit of a road trip today. My mom, my sister, and I are going to this camp called Kenbrook for three days. (Three, starting on Tuesday, I know it's weird.) It's usually just a camp for kids and it lasts for the entire week, but because of this stupid COVID-19, it was shortened and now you can only go with your family. I am still excited though, and we still get to eat the great food they have there. Their baked oatmeal is AMAZING. Unfortunately I haven't even started packing, so I should probably do that. I'll just copy another story on here.

 The following story is one of my favorites. I wrote it last year at Writers and Illustrators Camp, and entered it into the writing contest and I really enjoyed writing it. The story is Cinderella, but the main character is a dude. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Cinderedward and the Diamond Glasses
By: Liberty Pope


    Cinderedward pushed his glasses up his nose, (he had been plagued by farsightedness since he was a toddler,) and peered out the window to see his two stepbrothers Chase and Joseph chopping wood with their father and Andrew. Cinderedward’s stepbrothers loved him like a real brother, and they even caught him a young unicorn for his 18th birthday! But Andrew hated his stepson! When Andrew married Cinderedward’s mother,he was as kind as a father should be, and Cinderedward was able to run and play with the princess anytime he wished. But, when Cinderedward’s mother died, Andrew’s true colors were revealed-he did everything he could to make Cinderedward’s life miserable. So no matter how much kindness Chase and Joseph showed, Cinderedward was Andrew’s slave!

    One morning, Cinderedward woke up early and went for a ride on his unicorn into Fantasy Forest. There, he found a peacock, nearly parched. He was surprised to hear it talk! “Please help me,” it begged. Cinderedward ran over to a small stream and quickly gave the poor bird a drink. It thanked Cinderedward profusely, and said, “I will grant you three wishes in return for your kindness. Just say the rhyme, “Peacock peacock, green and blue, please help me, for I helped you.” After speaking these words, the peacock disappeared into the trees. Cinderedward hurried back home to prepare breakfast for his family.

    A little while later, breakfast was on the table. Cinderedward pushed up his glasses and rang the bell to signal his family to come to eat. At breakfast, Cinderedward’s stepfamily started talking about the upcoming ball. “Everyone will be there!” Chase exclaimed. “All the eligible men are commanded to attend, for Princess Marigold is going to choose a husband!” Joseph added. “I’m sure this princess will see the fine boys I have!” Andrew boomed. “ May I go too father?” Cinderedward asked tentatively.” Not a chance!” Andrew laughed. “ You don’t even have a suit!” Andrew laughed so hard that he couldn’t finish his breakfast and went to lie down. Cinderedward’s brothers tried to console him, but he pushed past them and barricaded himself in his room. I’ll show him! He thought as he paced back and forth in front of his closet, desperate for a solution. He would love to see Princess Marigold again!Maybe I can finally muster the courage to tell her how I feel about her! He thought excitedly. Soon, he got an idea and his eyes brightened. That’s it!

    The day of the ball finally came and Cinderedward was very excited. He had worked so hard to make a new suit out of Joseph’s old one. He went to his closet and found that all of his clothes had been dyed hot pink! Cinderedward instantly knew who had done this, and he kicked his bed frame. ANDREW!! He thought angrily. He rubbed his throbbing toe and went to help his stepbrothers get ready. He combed their hair and buttoned up their suits. They looked very handsome! Cinderedward then walked his step-family out to the waiting carriage and watched them roll off to the palace.

 Cinderedward walked towards the stable for a ride, when he remembered the peacock he met in the forest. He ran back to the manor and out onto the porch. “Peacock, peacock, green and blue. Please help me, for I helped you.” He had barely finished speaking when the peacock appeared in front of him. “What do you wish?” The peacock asked. “ I wish I could go to the ball,” Cinderedward replied. Then, with a twitch of his feathers, six spiders became footmen and Cinderedward’s unicorn was turned into a magnificent stallion; pulling a coach made out of a watermelon. Then, Cinderedward looked down at himself and said,” I wish I had proper clothes to wear to the ball.” The peacock made a handsome suit of gold and silver thread. “And,” it added, “It is complete with a pair of diamond glasses!” Cinderedward thanked the peacock and climbed into the carriage. “ Now listen carefully,” the bird warned,'' At the stroke of twelve, the footmen will turn into animals forever, so leave early!”After hearing these words, Cinderedward waved goodbye, and was off!

    When Cinderedward arrived at the palace, he was amazed by how grand it was. It was more magnificent than he could have imagined! He walked up the marble staircase to the ballroom. To his left was a colossal table, practically groaning with food. To the right, there was a massive grandfather clock. Unable to resist, Cinderedward picked up a plate and loaded it with tiny chocolates, cucumber sandwiches, and fresh fruit dusted with powdered sugar.

 After he finished eating, his eyes wandered over to the dancing. He spotted Chase waltzing a young lady. He nearly dropped his plate-the lady was the most beautiful he had laid eyes on! It’s Princess Marigold! He thought. He turned to the grandfather clock. It was nine-thirty. Two hours left. The song ended, and Cinderedward walked towards the dance floor. Everyone stopped and stared as Marigold took a step forward. “May I have this dance?” She asked formally,trying to contain how excited she was to see her old friend again. Cinderedward accepted eagerly, and they walked to the middle of the floor. The orchestra started up again and they began to dance. Cinderedward spent two glorious hours talking and dancing with the princess. He had missed her more than anything! Princess Marigold led Cinderedward outside into the courtyard. They walked arm in arm around and around a crystal fountain. “Those are the most amazing glasses I've ever seen!”The princess exclaimed. “They are made of diamonds,” Cinderedward replied proudly. He removed them and held them out to Princess Marigold. “Fascinating!” She whispered. 

    Suddenly, the grandfather clock rang out. Midnight already? Cinderedward realized. He apologized to the princess and ran out of the courtyard and out to the waiting carriages. His attendants were already turning back into animals! But where’s the coach? He ran over to the shrinking footmen. “Ouch!”He yelled. He’d kicked his coach! Oh no!  He thought. Princess Marigold still had his glasses! He quickly said the peacock’s rhyme and asked; “I wish to get back home!”The peacock created a staff made of silver and gave it to the young man. Cinderedward somehow found his way home-after bumping into three trees and one very angry squirrel.

    When he got home, he ripped off his suit and stuffed it into his closet. He slapped on his (now pink) nightshirt and flung himself across his bed. He fell asleep instantly, thoroughly exhausted.

    Cinderedward woke up to trumpets. Trumpets? He wondered. He splashed some water on his face. Then he got dressed and combed his hair. He walked downstairs and his eyes bugged. It was Princess Marigold holding his glasses! “Whoever can read this sentence with these glasses will be my husband,”She announced. Andrew snatched the glasses out of her hands. “These are Chase’s, my firstborn son. He handed them to the dumb-founded boy and he nervously put them on. “I can’t see a thing!”He said. Joseph suffered the same fate. “May I try?” Cinderedward asked. He put them on bowed to the princess, and read the sentence clearly: “Will you marry me,” it read. Cinderedward looked up. “Of course,” he answered. They were married three days later-one for every wish that brought them together and they all lived happily ever after.


 


THE  END

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

June 13th, 2020

Friday