Thursday

Buenas tardes!! (Good afternoon in Spanish (-;) Today was pretty uneventful. I had schoolwork, and Writer's and Illustrators Camp ended!! I got the prolific award. (Yeah I had to look it up. It means "someone or something that is fruitful or productive. A prolific songwriter is can churn out 5 hit tunes before breakfast.") I'm not even kidding! The definition actually said "churn out." I guess I think of myself as productive, yet not necessarily "fruitful." But anyway...
Tomorrow, (Tomorrow is Friday, right?) I get to go to the drive in!! I'm going to see Inside Out with some of my friends! For one of them, this will be their FIRST TIME. Inside Out was my cousin's first drive in movie though as well. I saw it for my birthday in 3rd grade, and it was so good! Pixar is amazing, and Inside Out is SERIOUSLY underrated! The drive in we go to (Haar's, if you're interested,) plays a "kids" movie first and then plays a movie for the older viewers. I have never been able to see the second movie (even though when you pay, you have to pay for both) but this time the movie is Black Panther! I have seen that movie twice in the past year, and it's really good! I very much recommend it, even if you haven't seen the other Avengers movies. (I have though, you should see those too.) There is plenty of action, a little culture, and just the right amount of violence. Yeah, I'm creepy enough to have a "just right" amount of violence. My favorite character is Shuri, and she is so sassy, it's amazing. :-)
I am now in the middle of the 3rd Hunger Games book. I always forget how good a book is if I haven't read it in a while! Once again, I SERIOUSLY recommend the series. And the movies are good too, so if you want to start with that I won't judge you. (Too much. We watched the first Hunger Games movie in school, so it broke my rule of reading the book before the movie, but whatever.) Another movie that I saw before reading the book was To Kill a Mockingbird. I guess the movie was okay, but I never really finished reading the book...It's a classic, and it's really famous, but, eh. I have some chores to do so I'm going to stop writing for now. However, I just noticed I haven't posted anymore writing pieces in a while, so I'll do that. 

The following story is an (extremely) short story about a really weird day this woman named Ellie Hollens. It's not my best work, but it's something. Maybe I'll add something to it later but here we go:
(Also, if any of you have seen The Office, I had just finished watching the show, so there are a few references to certain things in here. There are also references to different shows in general. Comment which ones you think they are, and enjoy!)

What's Next?

Ellie Hollens yawned at her desk. It was another double shift at her job as the receptionist at Mander Dufflin pen company. All she wanted was to go home to her cat, Pepper. Pepper had been acting super strange lately and Ellie wanted to take her to the vet after work. When her boss, Michelle Potts FINALLY said she could go home, she shut down her computer and headed home. In the car she started seeing something really weird: all of the dogs around her were, meowing? She couldn’t believe her ears! But there was no better explanation: every dog she could see was meowing like a cat! She shook her head and closed her eyes. Sleep. She thought. I just need to take Pepper to the vet and get some shut-eye. 

She shuffled upstairs, only to find her cat barking and wagging its tail. After the dogs she saw, Ellie wasn’t too surprised, but she still realized something weird was going on. Maybe some weird scientist dog wanted to be a cat! She thought. Like that kid in the movie Opposite Day. She put her cat in its carrier and drove to the vet. There were countless dogs and cats--all making the wrong sounds. She sat in an open chair and tried to take a little cat nap. (Pun intended. (-; ) When she heard her name called, she got up and walked to the back with the vet. “Let me guess,” the vet sighed. “Your cat is behaving like a dog.” The vet washed her hands and snapped on her gloves. “Well, yeah”, Ellie said. “She was acting strange earlier, but when I got home I watched her trying to bury her toy in the carpet!” The vet looked Pepper over. “I can’t find anything wrong,” she said. “All I can suggest is a bone and a belly scratch.” She said dryly. Ellie rolled her eyes at the lame joke and snuggled Pepper. 

When Ellie got home, she just watched as Pepper stood over her bed, turned 3 times and soon fell asleep. Maybe this’ll all just be a dream. Ellie thought, as she pulled on her PJs. Then, she too fell asleep before her head even hit the pillow.

Adios! (Good bye in Spanish)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

June 13th, 2020

Friday